You've heard me say it a zillion times, there are SO many new programs coming out almost every day - it's difficult to keep up with all of them. But I do try!
One new program I found that seems to be really great is DorisApp.com
- it's a simple and streamlined ToDo task but with some extra features that made it more conducive for my needs. You see, many of the online ToDo task programs simply give you the ability to list your list of things to do. But I needed something that would allow me to group them, and DorisApp does just that.
Basically, you create a group, list your tasks under that group and you are given a number aligned with that group that shows you if you have any open tasks within that group. That works out great! I just open my DorisApp home page, and scan down the list to see what Groups I have work to do in. It's great! And since it's in Beta, the company is continuing to work on additional features for the site. Their blog lists the following Feature Requests that they are looking into...
- OpenID signup
- a friendly email reminder every morning at a time your choosing what will be on tap for today
- ability to post things to Doris via DM from Twitter
- synchonise with Microsoft Outlook tasks
- synchonise with OS X tasks (Doris tasks would appear updated in Mail.app)
- ability to convert an email into a task
- ability to add TODOs by SMS
- RSS feed of my Doris activity
- daily/weekly email summary of activity
- have TODO group appear next to each task on the task history page and ideally be able to sort by group
- contextual advertising like gmail (”Buy Sister Birthday Present” = “Buy birthday presents at Amazon”)
- ability to arrange lists side-by-side - ie, my “Today” list next to my “Tomorrow” list, etc in columns
- a desktop Doris widget
- improve keyboard access
- give choice to make profiles public, showing basic stats, ie number of items posted, etc
- ask Doris to beat you up, and pester you about stuff that’s in “Today” for too long
- consider using Google Gears or similar approach to making DORIS available OFFLINE
All in all, if you're looking for a way to manage your ToDo list online, check out DorisApp.com - it's FREE.