In this article, we will talk about diabetes portion control its benefits, health advantages, and what it can do to help lower your blood sugar-level. Almost all diabetics find it hard to control their blood-sugar because they lack the proper knowledge needed to be successful in making a diet plan intended for diabetics. You will soon discover the “basic” things that are essential in diabetes portion control and diabetes plate method.
Health Benefits of Diabetes Portion Control
Listed below are only some of the health benefits that you can get if you follow a diabetes portion control in managing your health condition.
• Track Your Food Intake - The amount of food that an individual takes like, starches, cholesterol or even fats should be closely monitored to avoid diabetic complications such as “hyperglycemia” or an elevated level of blood-glucose.
• Healthier and Better diet - A diabetic individual may get adequate fiber, phytochemicals, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, when they consume a balanced and healthy diet.
• Encourages weight loss - Another advantage of using diabetes portion control is the opportunity to lose weight without the efforts, and struggles that are common in standard dieting. This is very important because “unnecessary” weight lowers your sensitivity to insulin; and could lead to hyperglycemia.
Foods to Choose to Include
• Low-salt Foods – Salt is a mineral that is helpful to the body, if used sparingly. However, too much consumption of salt can lead to several conditions, which can be harmful to the body. It may affect the balance and the “Ph” of bodily fluids if not maintained within the normal level.
• Unprocessed foods – Be sure to include “organic” or unprocessed foods in your diabetes portion control. Foods that are not refined are considered healthier compared to those foods that have undergone “extreme” processing. Experts are encouraging people to include these products in their daily food intake, especially for diabetics, because they bring greater health benefits.
• Low-fat Foods – We all know that fat is a “no-no” for diabetics. This is true, especially to “saturated” fats. Regular consumption of unhealthy fats could worsen your condition and may even cause permanent or irreversible damage to your body.
These are the basic principles that you should remember when using diabetic portions. Please be advised that we are still encouraging you to see a health-care professional for you to guarantee the effectiveness of the program. So what are you waiting for, go ahead and start your diabetes portion control today!
Typefreediabetes offers a full line of Medical ID Bracelets for women, including Adult incontinence product; blood sugar meters, incontinence pads for men, portion control plates, glucose tablets, blood glucose monitors, durable diabetes medical equipment, nutritional supplements, Men’s Diabetic Shoes and many other home health care products and supplies. Typefreediabetes offers quality products at discounted prices on a wide selection of quality name brand equipment and supplies.