Nowadays more and more writers are leaning toward self-publishing to get their work in print. Not only is it faster than traditional publishing but it allows the writer more control over how their work is printed, marketed, and distributed. If you are one such self-publisher, you won’t find a more valuable resource than the Small Publishers, Artists, and Writer’s Network (SPAWN).
SPAWN is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing education, information, resources and a supportive networking environment for creative individuals and small business owners interested in the publishing process. It consists of publishers, authors, illustrators, photographers, editors, book manufacturers, printers, booksellers, artists, and publicists. The organization offers information resources, research sources, directories of publishers and printers, and media links to all its members.
Membership in SPAWN comes with many other special benefits, including:
- Access to an e-mail discussion group, which offers the opportunity for discussions with experienced writers and publishers.
- Market updates on magazine and book publishing markets, as well as up-to-date opportunities for freelance writers and artists.
- A personal member webpage and profile that can be accessed by anyone who is online.
- Eligibility to attend SPAWN book festivals, seminars, and workshops.
- Your name listed in the SPAWN catalog, advertising your work and services.
- A member health benefit. This is not insurance, but it offers members discounts of 20-60% on health, dental, vision, and chiropractic services as well as prescriptions.
- Articles on writing, publishing, book marketing, copyrights, legal issues, and self publishing.
- Lists of book printing companies, book services, legal services, and links to other helpful organizations.
- Discounts on a variety of publishing and writing related services, including book printing services, writing software, editing services, writing courses, and membership with other important literary organizations.
For anyone interested in self-publishing, there can be no other resource as valuable as SPAWN. With this useful tool you’ll obtain insider information on the ever-changing writing world. For more information on SPAWN or on self-publishing, contact contact the book printing experts at CMYK Graphix, Inc. Visit them online at www.cmykgraphix.com, call them at 1-800-698-2071, or email them today. As a professional book printing company, they will work with you to customize your options and get your work into print as quickly as possible.